There's a weird problem going on with Google Maps and the iPad.Go to the main Google Maps webpage in the Safari browser on your device, and type something in the "search" box.
Chances are your device will crash, show you the spinning wheel and take ages to reboot.
When I say "chances are"...I must admit I don't know what the chances are. I tried it and Google maps worked flawlessly with no crash. But a friend of mine tried it twice and both times got the spinning wheel.
Apple forums detail similar experiences from soon after the iPad was released. And it seems, so far, neither Apple nor Google have come up with an explanation.
It appears it only happens on the main Google maps website, not the mobile site nor the Google app.
And if you think the forthcoming update to iOS4.2 will sort it out...my friend is on iOS4.2 Gold Master. So it doesn't sort it out.
If you know what's going on...or have experienced it yourself...please leave a comment.
Comments