One of the best text messaging apps for the iPhone, biteSMS, has just been updated to work on iOS4.2.1.
This is good news if you've upgraded your device operating system and are missing the great functions of biteSMS.
The app update is still in beta, but I can confirm it works perfectly. To get the new beta, you have to add a new source to Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone.
Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit > Add....and add www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.1
As I said, this is in beta testing stage and hopefully it will go on general public release soon. biteSMS costs £5.95 in the Cydia app store, with a 14-day free trial, and gives you lots of functions missing in the native Apple SMS app.
You can compose, receive, and reply to text messages on your lockscreen....or, in fact, any screen..you can schedule when to send a text...you can set tones...add a signature...the list goes on. Here's the biteSMS website.
The only thing I dislike about biteSMS is the pink icon. Here's how to change it to green.
Follow IJSM on Twitter for all iPhone iPad and iPod news
Comments