Exploding Smartphone Blasts Owner



We know smartphones are the new Big Bang of the electronics industry, but this is ridiculous. And I promise, no more puns.

Aron Embry, from North Texas, had just finished a call on his Motorola Droid, when it exploded.  He says he heard a loud "pop" and then felt blood trickling down his face.

The "pop" smashed the glass screen on the phone and - more to the point - left Aron having to go to hospital and have four stitches in his wounds.

The good news is Aron's hearing is unaffected and the Droid is still working.


His local TV station, WFAA, says they got a statement from Motorola:

"Motorola's priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly."

I am so tempted to finish this story with another pun but I...will....resist....


(Via: WFAA)

Comments

NickB said…
Exploding the myth that phones are safe....
Reshid47 said…
boom boom