Intelliscreen Gets Another Update To Fix Crashes...At Long Last


Update: In fact, the app is STILL crashing *sigh*. See updated post


Update 2: Another fix has been released...and seems to work (cross fingers). Here's link to update story.

At long last Intelliscreen app for jailbroken iPhones has been fixed!

A few weeks ago, the lockscreen widget app was updated to run on iOS4.2.1, but it kept crashing when you tried to set alerts.  Also mail refreshing was broken for some.

I posted about it here and it's been one of the most read posts on this blog.  You can see from the comments the lack of response from the developer, Intelliborn, was angering users.

Today, Intelliborn tweeted me:


 Intelliborn 

@ 
@ IntelliScreen 4.7.2 updated for better support on 4.2.1 (fixed IntelliAlerts and Mail selection)


I've updated the app on my iPhone and it seems to work perfectly.  It's still annoying the glitch wasn't fixed faster.

Intelliscreen lets you viedw your appointments, text and email messages, newsreader, weather and lots more on your lockscreen.

The update is now live in the Cydia App Store on jailbroken iPhones. If you're new to Intelliscreen, it costs $9.99 but has a free trial.

Comments

Nick376 said…
Been waiting for this for a long time. Thank you for keeping the pressure.
Anonymous said…
Well I installed the update and now I can go into the IntelliAlerts area but when I make any changes it crashes again.
Unknown said…
Even after the update I cannot get intellialerts to function properly. I change the settings and they do not apply after hitting apply. The app just crashes. So no, this update did not fix the issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app and no changes. I have iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 JB
IJSMblog said…
Third Intelliscreen fix is out and seems to work ok. Here's update http://www.ijsmblog.com/2010/12/intelliscreen-iphone-app-fixed-for.html