Intelliscreen STILL Crashes - Despite Update Fix

This is turning into an iPhone soap opera...and a bad one at that!

There's a very useful app for jailbroken iPhones called Intelliscreen. It costs $9.99 in Cydia and lets you put information like calendar, weather, mail and texts onto your lockscreen.

I've been urging the developer, Intelliborn, to update it for ages...like include a Twitter feed for example.

A few weeks ago, we Intelliscreen users rejoiced. It was updated to work with iOS4.2.1. Well, we rejoiced for a few minutes until we realised the update made the app crash when you tried to get into the Intellialerts settings.

We fired off emails and tweets to the developer and heard nothing for a long time.

Then, yesterday, Intelliborn released an update to fix this. Again, we rejoiced and I must admit I reported that all was good and the vs.4.7.2 update was working.  Except, I'd only given the app a cursory test. Yes, you can now get into Intellialert settings, but when you try to change the settings, it still crashes.

YES...IT STILL CRASHES!

And thanks to an anonymous poster for pointing this out. I know I should have thoroughly tested the update before saying it now appears to work. I will in the future.

Intelliborn are the people who used to run the Rock app store on jailbroken devices before it was taken over by Cydia.

So, yet again, I will email them and tweet them and HOPE they sort this out quickly. *sigh*.

You can contact Intelliborn through their website and they're @intellibornco on Twitter.

Update: Thanks to Chris for posting this message:


Just received the following from support: 
We apologize for these issues with Intelliscreen; some of which came about when the iphone firmware was last changed. We have been working to correct these problems and we did release 4.7.1 and 4.7.2 in recent days/weeks, however the problems have NOT been resolved. Again we do apologize for this inconvenience.

We are still working on it and we hope to have 4.7.3 available within a few days.

Thank you,

Jackie Cross
__________________
Intelliborn Corporation
support@intelliborn.com



Update: Another fix has been released and seems to work. Here's update story.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Actually, I'm still on 4.1 and the crashes happens to me as well! :-(
IJSMblog said…
Yup. I'm on 4.1 as well...and still crashing. Others, who're on 4.2.1 are also crashing.
This really is a great shame..Intelliscreen is a good app - when it works!