New iPad 2 To Ship By End Of February?

Apple is a creature of habit. New iPhones are announced in June, new iPods in September and new Macs in November.

The iPad was announced in January this year. I presume we can expect another announcement in January 2011 and it will undoubtedly be the iPad 2, with HiRes display and a font facing camera for video calling.

It's not a difficult theory to put together...but there's now some evidence to back it up.

Digitimes, an electronics newspaper based in Taiwan says component makers are working furiously and the iPad 2 will ship "within the next 100 days".

When I say ship, I mean the components will be shipped to Foxconn on the Chinese mainland to be put together.

If Digitimes is correct, that could mean a launch announcement from Steve Jobs in January...with us getting our hands on the new device around April time.

That's the guess dream theory.

Follow IJSM on Twitter for all iPad iPhone and iPod news

Comments