New iPhone Themes Store Opens - With A Few Teething Problems


The new "Theme it" store to get themes for your jailbroken iPhone has launched.

It comes just hours after the Cydia App Store redesigned it's "featured themes" page.

"Theme it" has a website where you can register and it's released an iPhone app in the Cydia store. To get it you must add the repo: themeitapp.com/repo/
I've tried using both the website and the app here in the UK and ran into problems with both.  I couldn't get past the registering my details stage, but I presume the site and repo must being being hammered and the developers have tweeted that things will be sorted out soon.

Most of the themes seem to have a price of $2.99, although there's a "coming soon" section for free themes. Payment is by PayPal, although I couldn't get that far. It's also somewhat off-putting that to register you have to give loads of info, like home address and telephone number, when payment is by PayPal.

Nevertheless, it's good to see some opposition to Cydia, where finding a theme that worked was a nightmare.

Comments