The CEO of home networking electronics company Netgear caused quite a stink a few days ago with some nasty words about Steve Jobs.
Patrick Lo's comments would have been perfectly acceptable but for the fact that Jobs is now on indefinite sick leave. Talk about kicking someone when they're down.
Anyway, he's now apologised.
Here's what he said as he criticised Apple's "closed" way of doing business, blaming it on Steve Jobs' "ego".
"Once Steve Jobs goes away, which is probably not far away, then Apple will have to make a strategic decision on whether to open up the platform".Not the most tactful of words. Here's his apology:
"I stand by the opinions I stated on the business issues. Supporting open standards and environments in order to ease seamless networking integration of multimedia content is good for the consumer and good for content providers."However, I deeply regret the choice of words I used in relation to business decisions Apple must grapple with in the future in relation to open vs. closed systems, which have been construed by some to be references to Steve Jobs' health and which was never my intention. I sincerely apologize that what I said was interpreted this way, and I wish Steve only the very best."
You can follow IJSMblog on Twitter and Facebook

Comments