I've got WiFi Problems on my iOS4.2.1 iPad

I've got a problem with WiFi on my iPad running iOS4.2.1.

My WiFi signal sometimes just drops...and it asks me to log in again to a secure WiFi network that I was already logged into and it should have remembered the password.

Basically, it seems the new iOS4.2.1 sometimes forgets the WiFi network...and demands a new log-in and a re-entry of the password.

It doesn't always remember "remembered" networks.

I don't know if this was the problem that delayed the release of the operating system update, but I find my WiFi pairing is less reliable than it was.

I know Apple had a WiFi iPad problem with the first Gold Master beta they released , but I'd presumed they'd ironed that out for the Gold Master 2 and the final, public release.

I gather, there have been similar problems reported on the official Apple forums.

Anyone else got WiFi problems on their iOS4.2.1 update?  Or am I alone in this?

Please leave a comment.

Comments

Apple blogz said…
Well, I'm still running iOS 4.2.1 GM#3 on my iPad (WiFi only iPad) and have no issues what so ever, GM#3 should be the same as the official release right ?

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.
IJSMblog said…
I was running GM#3 with no problems that I noticed, but on the final public version, wifi keep dropping and I have to re-enter my home wifi passcode.
Tony said…
I have wifi discoinnection problems as well. It seems it only happens on stored wifi signals. the signal drops and I have to reboot my iPad and re enter all the information.
Anonymous said…
Since I've installed iOS 4.2.1 streaming videos often stop after 10 seconds, Safari runs very slow and overall wifi performance has deteriorated. There are a huge number of posts about this problem on Apple Forums. Have not read any official response from Apple which is frustrating the heck out of a lot of people trying to deal with this loss of essential functionality by the iPad.
Danny said…
Check out the Apple forums - there is a huge issue with WiFi in iOS4.2.1 that Apple are avoiding confirming (genius bars and tech support keep claiming "this is the first we've heard of this").

It seems impossible to get any info out of Apple, but the problem is certainly widespread.