Windows Phone: The Best Smartphone OS No-One's Using





I never thought I'd say this, but Windows Phone OS could become a real rival to Apple's iOS and Google's Android.

It's simply a joy to use. Certainly better than Android and not far off iOS.

Big customisable homescreen icons...or tiles as Microsoft calls them...and they're live: they show current information like weather or news as well as texts, missed calls and emails.
It's a comparative newcomer to the market. It was launched just over a year ago on a handful of handsets.  Of course, Nokia is now on board with the release of the Lumia 800 and that might just give the OS the boost it needs.

Currently, it's the OS no-one's using (well, very few) with just 6% market share. If all you can think about is the old clunky, laggy Windows Mobile OS, forget it. Windows Phone is nothing like it.

And Microsoft is committed. The recent update to Windows Phone Mango has brought many improvements, including cut-and-paste with more promised.

OK the apps in the app store may be a little thin on the ground, but all the heavyweights are there including Facebook and Twitter.

Pop into your local phone shop and give it a go. It's colourful, fun, intuitive and fast. I've used it on the Nokia Lumia 800 (for a short time) and on the HTC Mozart and I find myself increasingly pulling my SIM out of my iPhone and sticking it in the Mozart.

I really never thought I'd become a Windows fan.

Comments