Jailbreak Apps Add New Features To Siri On iPhone 4S



The iPhone 4S (and iPad 2) jailbreak Absinthe was only released a few days ago but already Cydia store apps are appearing specifically for the latest iPhone. There are two free apps that aim to enhance the features of the Siri voice assistant.

VoiceUtils is designed to let you use Siri to launch stock iPhone 4S apps.

SiriToggles does the same, but adds commands to toggle on/off settings such as WiFi, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth and Brightness.

Let us know what you think of them in comments. Both are free and are live now in the Cydia app store.

Update: I have now been using SiriToggles for a few hours and can report it seems to work flawlessly. It recognises my voice to open stock apps and Facebook and Twitter, as well as controlling on-off toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode and Brightness. Somewhat surprising to me, remembering how bad I think Siri is, it has recognised my commands every time, first time. 






Comments