Steve Jobs Tribute Student Lands Coca-Cola Ad



Remember this image? It was the work of Hong Kong design student Jonathan Mak Long who produced it as a tribute to Steve Jobs just after the Apple co-founder's death last year.

It took the internet by storm and gained 20-year-old Jonathan worldwide praise.

He's now landed a commission to produce a poster ad for Coca-Cola.


It's part of a Coke campaign to share the drink and, according to Jonathan's blog, it's being used by the company in China:
If you are in Shanghai, you may come across a poster I designed for Coca-Cola. The Chief Creative Officer of Ogilvy China got in touch with me, and offered me this amazing opportunity. I can’t thank them enough, and really hope we can keep doing work together in the future.
You can read an article about it on Ad Age. There’s also a set of pretty cool photos of passers-by posing with the ad on Ogilvy’s Flickr.
It has been half a year since my image went viral, and it never ceases to amaze me how much the incident has affected me.
(Via: TNW)


Comments