This (And More) Is What Steve Wozniak Carries Around In His Backpack




(Little) bit of a scoop for Gizmodo. Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has emailed them to let them know what he keep in his backpack when he's travelling around (which he does a lot). Here's the email:
You might think this is abnormal for me but, to the contrary, it's customary.
Every extension cord and USB adapter and USB cable shown here I carry all the time in my backpack with a few exceptions:
• one Belkin AC tripler with dual USB I carry in my suitcase
• one dual USB adapter is from Janet's travel stuff
• Canon battery charger is carried in the camera bag
• firewire HD I carry in my suitcase
• Verizon 3G mifi adapter (standard micro USB screws up this mifi, have to use their awkward connecter)
Almost every USB cable is retractable.
Every device shown, I carry in my pockets or in my backpack all the time except:
• 2 iPhones, an iPod nano and an iPad belonging to Janet.
Some people ask how heavy my backpack is. There are a lot more things in my backpack including
• the AirPort Express and MacBook Pro 85W magsafe adapter, which are out of sight in this photo,
• bluetooth mouse,
• binoculars,
• projector connectors,
• multiple Gameboy Lights (a Gameboy sold in Japan but never in the U.S.),
• Gameboy link cables,
• plenty of foreign AC adapters,
• prism glasses for watching movies in bed,
• sunglasses,
• earplugs for concerts,
• Ultimate Ears UE18 earplugs for flights,
• Gameboy link cable,
• tons of pencils for pencil games on flights,
• tons of pens,
• tons of sharpies,
• tons of paint pens (signing),
• red-blue-purple-yellow-green laser pointers,
• credit cards,
• hotel cards,
• airline cards,
• hard rock card,
• medical cards,
• small accessories like olloclip iPhone lens adapter,
• Square,
• flash keys,
• flash media adapters,
• cigarette lighter dual USB adapter,
• audio doubler cable,
• iPad USB/SD Card adapters,
• toiletries for hotels,
• batteries of many types (AA, AAA, CR2, CR128, odder types for things like my bag beeper for locating my suitcase)
• eyedrops,
• $2 bill pads,
• pencil puzzles,
• itineraries for upcoming travel...
I usually say that my backpack weighs 50 pounds. I'm not sure but I have to carry it every step through airports. I'm sure that I'm shorter now than before and I don't walk as fast. Everything has its place in my backpack.
Sometimes TSA takes a long time unpacking it. A couple of times they asked me to take out everything electronic and I asked for seven bins, all of which I filled (only 2 half-size), plus my MacBook Pro, plus the bag. All of that through the X-ray machine. Then repack it.
Nothing in my backpack goes unused, although the bluetooth mouse is close.

Comments