Apple Engineers "Contacting iPhone 4S Owners Over Poor Battery Life"





It reported that Apple engineers are contacting some owners of the new iPhone 4S over complaints of poor battery performance.

There's been widespread criticism of the battery life of the new-generation device compared with its predecessor, the iPhone 4.

The iPhone 4S specs give a standby battery time of 200 hours compared with 300 for the iPhone 4, but many users are saying they barely get a day's use before a recharge is needed.

The Guardian says it's been told by owners that Apple engineers have contacted them after they complained.
One owner who was contacted by Apple told the Guardian: "My battery life was extremely poor - 10% drop in standby every hour. I noticed that the usage figure was roughly half that of standby, even when the phone was not being used, so I assumed something was crashing or running in the background. I switched off all the new features including Siri and location services, but it was still really poor. I also tried setting up a clean phone with no apps but it is still really poor.
"I then got a call from a senior [Apple] engineer who said he had read my post and was 'reaching out' to users for data and admitted this was an issue (and that they aren't close to finding a fix!) and asked lots of questions about my usage and then asked if he could install the file below and that he would call back the day after to retrieve the info. I extracted the file from my Mac after a sync and emailed it to him. He was incredibly helpful and apologetic in the typical Apple way!"
It's thought the problem could happen when users are syncing syncing their devices with their Google contacts and calendar as well as Apple's new iCloud service.

(Source: The Guardian)


You can follow IJSMblog on Twitter and Facebook

Comments